Please Him
“ And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.”
Hebrews 11:6

“Without faith it is impossible to please Him.” How do we even begin to please God? In Romans 2: 3-4 it says, “ For our appeal does not spring from error or impurity or any attempt to deceive but just as we have  been approved by God  to be entrusted  with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.” To please God we simply need to trust in Him and live fully for His glory. From that surrender and dying to self we please Him because when we seek Him, His desires become our desires and our heart is honed into Him and what He wants us to do. That is what is pleasing to the Lord, when we follow Him faithfully and follow His commands with our entire being. I struggle with wanting to please others with my words and actions instead of pleasing God first and foremost in my life. I always want to make others happy and tend to forget about what God has called me to do and how I please Him. God wants me to think of Him constantly, He should be at the forefront of my thoughts all the time, so my aim should always be towards pleasing Him and following His commandments. In my flesh, I lose sight of that and focus on the world and what it would have me do instead of what is pleasing and righteous before God. In Psalm 139:17-18, David writes that God’s thoughts are precious to him and that they are more than every grain of sand. This is how we should see God, we should strive to please Him in all we do and say and think because He should always be consuming our thoughts and our hearts to run after Him and His promises. I know that I struggle with putting God first in my heart and in my life as I go throughout each day and life gets ahead of me. I want Him to consume my thoughts and be ever-present in my heart and in my life and to live for His glory above all else. For my application, I’m going to write down what I can change differently in my daily routine to please God instead of others or myself.

Comments