Hebrews 13:17
“Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.”

            This is applicable for the position we are in right now. We have leaders who are over us that are guiding us and directing us so that we can have a deeper relationship with God and grow more into who He is calling us to be. In our generation, it’s hard to submit to authority because we want everything to go our way. We want what we desire right when we desire it, we don’t want to wait or have to be told no. Coming to Ignite, I had a very small understanding of what it truly meant to be flexible and submit under authority. I thought I was all of those things, but God soon revealed to me how much I wanted to know everything and how inflexible I actually was. In these past six weeks, God has been revealing to me how to submit and be flexible under authority. He has been teaching me that I just have to follow after Him and that I don’t always need to know the when or how. He is showing me that it’s all about dying to myself and trusting that God has placed all of my leaders in the position they are in and following without question. It is a daily prayer of mine that I would be able to submit without question and that I would be completely flexible to what they would have me do and how they want me to do it. I came here asking for change, and now that God and my leaders are asking me to do it, it’s hard, but God is revealing to me that the change is for good, and so that I can grow closer with Him and my classmates and my authority. My application for this is to write down what ways I can be flexible in my heart and in my walk with God.

Comments