Hebrews 13:5
“Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you’.”

            Immediately when I look at this verse, the fact that God will never leave me or forsake me sticks out. In verse 8 later on it says, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” The fact that no matter where we are, God is there with us and nothing we could ever do will make Him abandon us. He is the same all the time, he is a solid rock for us to lean on and will never falter. No matter what we may think is going to come or how we expect it to work out, the Lord has a perfect plan for us. His ways are better than ours and His race He has for us is exactly where we need to be in that phase of our lives. Tonight, we figure out our field assignments. While I know God’s call for me is perfect, it’s going to be hard to be content in Him and remember that no matter where I go, He is there with me. He is also going to have to remind me that He is still with me during my training and that He is still trying to grow me I this season. I know that where he is going to send me will be exactly what I need to grow me and stretch me and mold me more into His image. He is still the same faithful Father no matter where we are or what circumstance we are in. The question isn’t whether or not God will be there and lead me, but if I will have my whole life centered on Him willing to go and do whatever He calls me to. There are probably going to be times where I feel alone and frustrated and forgotten, but Christ is my rock. He never leaves, He never changes, and He provides the greatest comfort. God is continually breaking down what I thought I knew and showing me His promises and truth. My application for this is when a time of discontentment or discouragement pops into my mind or my flesh takes over and worries me about my field assignment, I will immediately go to the Lord with it in prayer. 

Comments