Luke 17:7-10
“Will any one of you who has a servant plowing or keeping sheep say to him when he has come in from the field, ’Come at once and recline at the table’? Will he rather not say to him, ‘Prepare supper for me, and dress properly, and serve me while I eat and drink, and afterward you will eat and drink’? Does he thank the servant because he did what was commanded? So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty’.”
            The part that sticks out to me most is the fact that we are unworthy servants. We are servants of Christ only because He came and died for us. We get to have a relationship with Him because He came down and was put to a gruesome death on the cross all for us. If I had been the only person on earth, Jesus still would’ve come and died for me because he loves each of us that much. Jesus didn’t have to come and die, but He did because He wanted a way for us to get to heaven and to have a relationship with Him. Because I get to serve God means that nothing of me is myself, it’s all God. He is my entire life and my purpose is to glorify and serve Him in all that I do. It is my duty to serve Him at all times, there is no day off from serving God. There isn’t a day where I get to forget that I follow God and just do what I want, my life should be constantly lived for Him in all that I do.

            I struggle with this because sometimes I don’t want to do certain things, I would rather sit in my bed doing nothing all day. God hasn’t called us to be lazy, He called us to worship and glorify him in all that we do. There is always going to be one thing after another that the Lord is asking us to do. This is when I have to check my heart and make sure that I am serving because I get to and not with the wrong heart motive. Jesus looks at the heart of why we do things, if I don’t come in with a willing heart and know that this is something I get to do then I am not glorifying God in it. That doesn’t mean I don’t do the task, but I need to ask for a heart change from the Lord so that it is glorifying to Him. It all comes back to dying to self and recognizing that my life is not my own and that God is the center of my life. My application for this is to  pray for a servants heart in all things I do.

Comments