Philippians 3:9
“and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith.”
            I always find myself qualifying someone as a “good person,” what makes someone good? Do we say that because they look like they do all the right things and are respectful, or is it because they are living through their faith in Christ to do good things for others? I think sometimes we look at an outward appearance and think that someone is good or is a good person. Someone can look good and seem like they do good things, but be unrighteous in the sight of God because they are still living in the flesh. Christians in this day think that if they go to church and do good in school and act respectable around adults and they do all of the right things that they are Christians and they don’t need to do anything else. We live in a works based generation where if you do the right things in public light then you are a good person. No one really understands what it means to have a relationship with the Lord and be righteous in His eyes. Faith in Christ gives us true life and righteousness, I don’t have to run to other things of the world to be satisfied. People who have a relationship with Christ don’t have to hide their brokenness and failure and put on a mask on Sundays because they know that the Lord has redeemed them and makes them whole again.

            For a long time, I put on this mask of being a good person and having a perfectly fine relationship with Christ when in all reality that wasn’t true. I was broken and didn’t know what to do, I didn’t think anyone could help me and I didn’t know how to tur to Christ in that brokenness. The only way that the Lord could heal me was if I came to Him in faith and asked for healing. I knew that I didn’t have it all together, but I soon realized that I didn’t have to as long as I was walking with the Lord, He would fight for me and be my source of life. I still struggle with hiding behind a wall sometimes, because I’m afraid or ashamed of myself, but the Lord doesn’t see me that way, He views me as His daughter who he has made clean and righteous in His eyes. He knows everything about me, whether I say it out loud or not. He wants me to give up all of myself and sacrifice my flesh to Him so that he can give me abundant life that is never ending. He is never going to turn His back on me and any wall I put up, He is going to break down. He is walking with me and showing me how to become righteous by faith when I’m all in for Him and what He has made me for. My application for this is to pray with Hope this week and ask for the Lord to keep my walls down and to help me truly walk with Him in all I do leaving my old self and the world behind me.

Comments