Colossians 1:11

“May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and
patience with joy,”

God gives us strength and power to endure all things. Most of the time, we don’t see what
God is doing in our lives and it’s hard to find joy in the hard times. Those times where it seems
like all is lost and we can’t go on anymore is when God wants us to keep pushing the most.
God’s response to us isn’t always immediate and we have to wait in the time we are in to hear
from Him. He is the one our strength comes from. Enduring the race isn’t something we can
accomplish on our own, God is there to assist us and even carry us when we can’t go one step
further. He doesn’t ask for us to have the strength, He asks that we let Him do it through us. He
doesn’t ask for us to have overflowing joy, He gives it to us. He doesn’t ask for us to be patient
all the time, waiting on Him, He helps us have it. Do you get it? The Lord doesn’t ask us to have
anything, He asks us to be completely broken and vulnerable before Him so that He can come in
and do all the work in order to fix us. He has power beyond understanding and can help us have
joy and patience and endurance to continue on in whatever circumstance He puts us on. He never
leaves our side.
In Deuteronomy 31:6 it says, “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of
them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” I
have trouble being patient in times where I want something from God. I can’t always find joy in
those situations because I take my eyes off the Lord. I forget that He is always walking with me
and that He goes where I go. God isn’t confined by the walls of a church or a certain place, He is
everywhere, which means that he is taking every step with me or for me. God is showing me
more and more that He is not an untouchable God, that he is walking me through every season of
life I experience. My application for this is to pray with my roommate Sarah about having
confidence in the Lord and finding strength in Him.

Comments