Luke 2:46

“After three days, they found Him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them
and asking them questions.”

           Jesus knew what He was on the earth for, and He wanted to live that calling to the fullest.
In this instance, Jesus was learning more about the teachers of that day and being inquisitive and
soaking up as much as He could from them. Jesus was being a student in this moment. He was
learning from them and trying to understand their way of thinking. Jesus didn’t just listen, He
also had answers of His own and obviously had all the understanding He needed about these
things. Jesus was being a teacher also, at His young age. By being good students, we become
good teachers. We have to be teachable in order to teach. Being a good student means that you
listen intently, soak up all you can, and ask questions to clear any confusion that may arise at any
time. In being a student, you have to realize that you may or may not know as much as the
teacher, but you have to submit under their authority and back up what they say with scripture.
The Lord is our ultimate teacher, he wants us to sit and listen intently for Him and dig
deeper into His Word to learn more about Him. His Word is an outpouring of Himself and all he
wants us to learn. When we are digging deep into Him, then we can teach others and show them
His truth and teachings.
              Before coming to IGNITE, I barely ever spent time in the word outside
of church. I didn’t dig in and learn more about Him, so it was hard to share with others who He
was and be able to answer their questions with scripture because I wasn’t being a good student of
His Word. Since being here, I have had a consistent devotion and plenty of other times to devote
to learning more about the Lord and to be a good student of Him. Now, the Lord is giving me the
ability to clearly convey His word and to be able to utilize His scripture to back up what I say.
Going back home for 10 days, I don’t want to lose the consistent quiet time and diving into the
Word that has really changed my walk with Christ, I want to be a good student of Him, soaking
up all He has to offer me. I know that the Lord is going to help me stay consistent in His word
and help me grow in my knowledge of Him if I’m dedicated to Him in it. My application is to
pray for a dedicated heart to my quiet time and for the right words to say to others through being
a student of God.

Comments