Matthew 13:32
“It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is larger than all the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.”
This is part of the parable of the mustard seed, it is the third of the seven parables that Jesus tells to the crowd. Jesus talks to the people in parables so if their hearts and eyes and ears are closed, they will not truly be able to understand what He is speaking about and the truth He is sharing. The mustard seed in this passage parallels to our faith. It only has to start with a small seed and then God will come in and water and grown the seed into a plant larger than any others. When we let the Lord come in and grow our faith to levels we could never reach on our own, it will pour out onto others whom He has asked us to be a light to. Faith is something very difficult for us to obtain because our flesh fights against it. Our humanity strives to find someone or something that can be felt or seen to put our faith in. Because we can’t directly see Jesus in the flesh, out mind fights against any thought of putting faith in Him, at least mine does. The thing with God is that He really can use even the smallest of seeds to cultivate the faith that we have in Him.

The Lord has really been growing my faith in my everyday life. Sometimes, I find myself not having faith that God can do miracles in each day, thinking only the “big” things will be overcome by Him. The Lord is demonstrating the power of faith in Him each and every day that I just continue to lean on Him completely and have all control. Jesus desires to grow my faith into a tree so that He can really be the center of my life and so I will truly believe and rest in His glory and power in all things. The Lord has really been challenging me each day to come to Him in faith about something, even if it seems little, because nothing is too big or too small for the God who created all things; from the ants to the galaxies, He created it all and desires to show me His glory through it all. By growing in faith, He grows me in my intimacy and relationship with Him. It is so amazing to see things through His eyes when He is growing that small seed into something bigger. There is so much the Lord wants to show us when we just have faith in Him and His promises.

Comments