Luke 8:22-25
“One day he got into a boat with his disciples, and he said to them, “Let us go across to the other side of the lake.” So they set out, and as they sailed he fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water and were in danger. And they went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!” And he awoke and rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they ceased, and there was a calm. He said to them, “Where is your faith?” And they were afraid, and they marveled, saying to one another, “Who then is this, that he commands even winds and water, and they obey him?”

Jesus was going across the lake with His disciples knowing that their faith was going to be tested. Jesus actually fell asleep on the boat, imagine that, the Lord actually falling asleep! I imagine he probably didn’t even need sleep. They were all sitting in the boat while Jesus slept soundly below them and all of a sudden the boat starts to rock and shake and fill with water from the storm on the sea. I imagine this as my life. I’m sitting peaceful and content in my life and all of a sudden I start to rock and shake and all the waves of life started to crash over me. I think Jesus forgets about me and just continues to snooze down below me while it seems as though my life is falling apart. I run to Jesus and am in a frenzy because I doubt that He has everything in control. Jesus asks His disciples where their faith is, I find that I ask myself that question a lot, that the Lord convicts me of not having faith in Him. With one word He can change everything if we just trust in His unswerving faithfulness and unending love. We are called to fully give everything to God because He knows the perfect plan for our lives and is in control. Notice that in all these things, I am trying to be in control and trying to take care of the situation instead of remembering that God has a plan and everything is going to be okay. I want to run to God because I know He is the only one who can do anything through me. My faith  is an area where I need to grow and just let go and let God take control. My application is that I will pray to have that unquestioning faith in Christ and Sarah will be keeping me accountable for that.

Comments