Mark 10:47-49
“ And when he heard that  it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” And many rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” And Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.” And they called the blind man, saying to him, “Take heart. Get up; he is calling you.”
           
            This last phrase hits me hard every time I read it. This is an example of how Jesus calls us and tells us when we are blind and broken from our sin and He tells us to take heart, get up, and follow Him. The blind man is a great example of faith and how it should look in our lives. We need to cry out to Jesus in the midst of our darkness. We just keep crying out louder and louder because we know we need a Savior. In the middle of our struggles and dark times, Jesus will speak and tell us to come to Him. He comforts us by being our source of strength and comfort. The blind man recognized who Jesus was, and addressed Jesus as Rabbi. He knew that Jesus was the only one who could heal him, and so he asked the Lord out of faith, believing that He could do it in an instant. In the midst of our darkness, God is there. No matter how great our struggles may be or how deeply we have been cut, He is there. He will call me and bring me out of the darkness and brokenness of my situation.

Recently, I’ve been feeling worthless and broken beyond repair. I’ve felt as though I’m in a pit of darkness with no escape. My faith hasn’t been in Jesus, it’s been in myself and what I can do to fix my situation. I haven’t found faith in the darkness, I’ve just kept trying to look in a mirror. Once I shattered my mirror and started crying out to Jesus, that’s when He calls me and saves me. He is showing me that darkness doesn’t have to be forever and that faith pierces through and His light shines through. My application is to pray for faith to see the light in the darkness and cry out to Jesus, and Sarah is going to keep me accountable to that.

Comments