Hebrews 5:8
“Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered.”
            In this passage, it’s talking about Jesus and His obedience to the Father. He prayed to His Father about what he was going to suffer and God heard Him because of His dedication and love for Him. Jesus obeyed the Father in every aspect of His life, even to the point of suffering in death. Jesus learned to obey by what He was put through in His time on earth in the flesh. He knew how to obey the Father because of the suffering and persecution that He endured. How crazy is that? That no matter what Jesus was put through, He was completely obedient to the Father in all areas of His life.

            For me, I find it hard to be obedient to the Father all the time, especially in times of suffering. Sometimes, I even feel like God has left me in the dust behind Him and isn’t going to come back for me. I find it hard to be obedient in these times, but also in the times where life is good. When life seems all fine and dandy to us, we think that we can do it on our own and that we don’t need God to help us along the way. It’s hard to be obedient because I feel like I know what’s best for me and I know what I want to do next. Being obedient to do what God has asked me to do is something that God has been working on in me for a long time. I like to know what’s next and really plan how to do it even when I know God is telling me to go the other direction. He is the giant flashing arrow that I always see but want to ignore as I go by. He is growing me daily in that area of my life, and is still showing me that obedience is vital in following Him faithfully with all I have. My application for this is to write 2 Corinthians 2:8-9 in my journal and memorize it by Wednesday.

Comments