2 Timothy 2:2

“and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men
who will be able to teach others also.”

The Lord entrusts us with His good news and all of His promises to His people, it is now
our obligation to share with others these truths and promises. When we are a student of God, He
equips us to teach others even if we believe that we can’t do it. In all reality, it is never about you
or me, it is about the Lord and Him speaking through us to teach others. I hope we all remember
that our old man is gone and the new man lives, and that our lives are not our own anymore, but
they are fully Christ’s. This aspect of being a student, but being able to teach about Him to others
is part of being a willing vessel for Him. What He asks us to do, we do, no questions or
kickback. This is hard, because we are afraid people will reject us or mock us or we are just not
stepping out in boldness; people aren’t rejecting us, they are rejecting God, and the point of the
gospel is that we can’t live this life on our own, we need a savior to provide for us.
A big thing for me coming into IGNITE was talking to random people and just stepping
out in boldness to pray for them and evangelize to them. I was afraid to step out and “teach” His
truths in that way because it was way out of my comfort zone. The Lord has been revealing to
me during these times, that if I do it on my own, I will never be bold enough or really let Him do
the work. Through these past three months, the Lord has been teaching me that I have to go into
all I do with an open heart for Him to do ad not doing it on my own because I know I’ll fail. God
wants to use me as a vessel for Him, I just have to let everything go and give it all to Him. I want
to be faithful to this call he has placed on my life, and that means not living for myself and
letting Him do all things through me to impact others for His kingdom. My application is to, in
my ten days home, not let fear hold me back from sharing with someone what the Lord has done
in my life and how He is my Savior.

Comments