Hebrews 6:12
“so that you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.”

By faith and patience, we inherit what the Lord has promised us. Faith and patience seem like such simple things to accomplish. They aren’t super complicated and we use them almost every day for simple tasks and projects. When it comes to God, we seem to have a harder time having faith and patience in Him. Our minds can’t grasp onto something we can’t see or touch fully so we have trouble believing that God is there for us and that He really does care about us. It’s also hard to have patience with Him because we always want things to go our way or to get an answer immediately when that’s not how God works. He works in His own time because His plan is far better than anything we could ever imagine. For me, I know that it’s hard for me to always believe that He wants the best for me and that the Lord really does care about me. I have to wait on Him and that is something that is really hard for me to do because I want it all right away. I don’t want to have to wait on an answer from Him and that tests my faith.  I always make it about me instead of God. I have to remember that my life isn’t mine anymore, it’s God’s and he can give me the ability to have faith and patience so that I can inherit His promises to me. It’s all about the Lord, and only He can help me to cling to that truth. On my own, I can’t do anything, it has to be God. He is showing me that my walk with Him is not a race with others, I have to focus on my own race and set my own pace. I can’t be anyone else because that isn’t who He made me to be. He wants me to let Him give me faith and patience and endure my own race with Him. My application for this is to write down one of His promises to me every day during my quiet time.

Comments