Mark 4:10-11

“And when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parables. And
he said to them, ‘To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside
everything is in parables,’.”

         The disciples wanted to glean so much information from Jesus, they wanted to know Him
and follow Him deeper with every step they took. They were His students. We can learn here,
that Jesus teaches a new lesson in every parable, but you have to truly be following Him in order
to understand them. The disciples were around Jesus all the time, they never ceased to follow
Jesus and to hear what He had to say. This is how we should be. We should keep Jesus close to
our side at all times, listening for His still small voice to teach us and instruct us on what our
next step is. The closer we keep Jesus, and the more we listen to Him, the more that we learn and
develop from the use of the knowledge he gives. He has already given us all the answers, we just
have to dig deep in order to understand them and intently follow after the Lord just as the
disciples did.
          For me, I don’t sit and just listen for His voice, my mind is always running. The Lord is
showing me that I don’t always have to say something and that’s the reason I’m not hearing Him
is because I’m not listening to/for His voice. Because I’ve already been given the secrets of God,
I should desire to dig deep into the Word and listen for God to speak to me. I need to have times
of prayer where I just sit and listen for Him and just thank Him for all He has done and given
Him the glory in it all. My application is that I’m going to sit in prayer before I go to bed each
night and listen for the Lord intently.

Comments