Psalms 19:14
“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.”


This Psalm of David is one of praise to the Lord. David writes talking about the law of the Lord and how desirable the Lord and all His ways are. As I was reading though my daily reading I came across this Psalm and saw this verse underlined in my Bible. In this last week in Uganda, I have been thinking about what the biggest theme or thing the Lord has done in my life over this season is. A big thing that popped up is how so many commandments and my knowledge of the Lord have become so much more then knowledge. The Lord has been taking me through taking all of the knowledge in my head and truly transferring it to my heart.The Lord has been showing me that all of the stuff I have in my head will have no effect if they aren’t engraved by Him in my heart . As He has continued to break me and mold me and shape me it has created a vulnerability and intimacy with the Lord that I’ve never had with Him before. As this intimately has come, I understand this verse more and I understand the vitality of His word being treasured in my heart and not just in my head. I read over this and I even saw in the margin of my Bible how this should be my prayer each and every day. I started to meditate on this and to pray this for my life and my relationship with the Lord. Looking back on this entire year, it has been so full of love and joy even when all seemed dim and like the storm wasn’t going to end. This whole time, He has been transforming my heart to meditate on Him and His truth and grace upon my life. It is even really cool to see how when he changes your heart, your words and the way you carry yourself changes. He has been teaching me about eternal purpose instead of temporal. He has revealed Himself to me in many a storm and reminded me that He is truly my rock and the solid place on which I stand. I’ve truly come to realize how weak I am in my flesh and how much I truly need the Lord to guide mean each and every thing. Before I understood how to capture His truth in my heart, I honestly wasn’t truly walking with Christ in relationship with Him. As this year is coming to a close, and specially this being the last week of us all being in Uganda, it is sad to leave because the Lord has allowed me to be a part of something so much bigger than I could ever fathom, but it is also joyous to look back and see the lord sanctifying and bringing me closer to Him and making me more into the image of His Son. I have come to really see the cross for what it is and get to live out a life solely to glorify Him in all things. The way that the Lord has shaped me is unshakable, but only by me relying on His strength and meditating in my heart on His truths. As I go forth, I am continuing to pray for this to be present in my life. I can’t believe that time has flown by so fast, even looking back and seeing al the Lord has done, not only in me, but also in my teammates is so beautiful and I wouldn’t trade any of it for the world. God has redeemed so many areas in all of our lives and even brought a love and a community that is full of His love and joy, centered on Him alone. 

Father, thank You for your grace and mercy upon our lives. Thank you for Uganda and how You’ve used the people and the children to impact my life and mold me more into who You are making me to be. I praise You for who you are and for sending your Son so that I can have true life in you. I think You that You are so much bigger than anything we could ever imagine and how deeply you love us and desire us to be in relationship with you. Thank You for allowing me to live this life. You are so worthy of all our praise. Thank you for bringing understanding to my heart and forming more into the image of your Son. Please help my words to be pleasing to you and to edify and glorify You alone, help my heart to meditate on You and remind me in each day that You alone are my Rock and my Redeemer and my sole source of strength.

Comments